KENTUCKY DERBY FASHIONS
May 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- This weekend, many Chicagoans will head out of the city for a slice of southern hospitality and to witness one of the most spectacular sporting events of the year: The Kentucky Derby.
The 139th Annual Kentucky Derby is on Saturday, May 4th at Churchill Downs. But the Derby isn't just about the horses, it's about the fashion as well! Erica Strama from the Shops at North Bridge has a look at some fashions fit for this traditional southern race whether you're going or staying at home!
All looks available at The Shops At North Bridge www.theshopsatnorthbridge.com
Store: White House I Black Market
Trend: Black & White
White dress - $160
Black patent bow belt - $38
Floral cardigan - $88
Earring - $24
Black patent platform pump - $118
Black & white "derby" hat - $75 (from Charming Charlie)
Store: Benetton & Charming Charlie
Trend: Mixing Patterns
Cotton floral sundress - $89.50
Printed scarf - $24.50
Green belt - $48.50
Turquoise and tan wedge - $159
Cloche "derby" hat - $50 (from Charming Charlie)
'Kate Spade' pink & white striped dress - $398
'Kate Spade' white & gold statement necklace - $295
'Kate Spade' stud earrings - $48
'Isola' color-block T-strap sandal - $89
'Laundry' "derby" hat - $38
Store: XXI Forever & Charming Charlie
Trend: Hi-lo Hemline
Mint and floral hi-lo dress - $22.80
Tan belt - $7.80
Denim jacket - $29.80
Gold necklace - $10.80
Horse bracelet - $5.80
Horse ring - $3.80
Coral faux suede wedges - $37.80
Tan "derby" hat - $50 (from Charming Charlie)
Look 5 Store: Nordstrom
Seersucker blazer - $198
Watermelon denim - $59.50
Navy & white gingham button-down - $98
Polka-dot bow-tie - $24
Brogues - $128
All models' looks created by the NARS makeup stylist team.
Nordstrom invites you to meet NARS Founder and Creative Director, François Nars, and pick up a signed copy of his book X-Ray, or limited-edition NARS Loves Chicago tote.
Nordstrom Michigan Avenue Saturday, May 11th, from 2-4pm.
The NARS National Makeup Stylist team will be in-store May 7th to May 11th to help you discover how to turn your skin into a radiant canvas for makeup, dress up lips in sensuous, super saturated color, or experiment with your own seasonal look.
Space is limited. Appointments are required. For more information, please call 312.464.1515.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year