Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
May 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- You know the saying: Eat, drink and be merry! This certainly rings very true for Cinco de Mayo. So why not plan a get-together for the whole family? Amanda Puck, style expert, came into our ABC 7 studio with recipes for Mexican-inspired food and drinks, as well as a "Mexican Bingo" game.
3 large avocados, peeled and pitted
1 small red onion, chopped
1 mango - peeled, pitted, and chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Mash avocados in a medium bowl to a lumpy consistency.
Mix onion, mango, lime juice, garlic, salt, and cilantro into avocado.
Serve with chips.
Alcoholic Cocktails: World's Freshest Margarita
2 Parts Tequila
3/4 Parts Agave Nectar
1 Part Fresh Lime Juice
Strain over ice into a rocks glass.
Garnish with a lime.
Non-Alcoholic Cocktail: Strawberry Slurpies
1 cup frozen sweetened strawberries
6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate
2 cups ice
1. Add strawberries, lemonade, and ice to a blender.
2. Pulse and blend the icy mixture until smooth.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 49 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 43 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 28 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 50 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos