Daily Herald: Suburban Amputee
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It wasn't a bomb blast, but a nearly fatal bout of Legionnaires' disease that led to the amputations of Kent Carson's left arm and both legs last year.
Now the Round Lake Beach man is walking and about to get back behind the wheel, and would love to visit the Boston bombing victims to give them encouragement.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, May 5, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos