Daily Herald: Suburban Amputee
May 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It wasn't a bomb blast, but a nearly fatal bout of Legionnaires' disease that led to the amputations of Kent Carson's left arm and both legs last year.
Now the Round Lake Beach man is walking and about to get back behind the wheel, and would love to visit the Boston bombing victims to give them encouragement.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, May 5, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 49 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 43 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 28 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 50 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos