7 in the suburbs: Wheaton
May 10, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- ABC7's Phil Schwarz heads west to Wheaton, home to Cantigny Park, the DuPage County Historical Museum, and Wheaton College.
Cantigny Park is the former estate of Robert R. McCormick, longtime editor and publisher of the Chicago Tribune. The 500-acre estate has two museums, formal gardens, and a 27-hole golf course. www.Cantigny.org
The DuPage County Historical Museum collects, preserves and interprets the history of the area, which includes 39 cities and towns. It's free, and open seven days a week. www.dupagemuseum.org
Every year the city holds the Taste of Wheaton. This year, the fair with carnival rides, live entertainment, food and crafts, runs from May 30 to June 2.
From May 31 to September 13, 2013, the city holds Friday night events in downtown Wheaton called Vintage Rides. Car collectors show off their prize possessions.
Wheaton College is a top-ranked Christian liberal arts school with students from all 50 states and 42 countries.
resources, phil schwarz
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 45 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 55 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 46 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home