Fashion Icon Mikki Taylor, Fashion Columbia 2013
June 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Mikki Taylor is the quintessential authority on all matters regarding beauty. From A-list celebrities and world-renowned cover models, to women-in-the-know, Mikki influences all types of women with her vision of beauty and style.
For 30 years, Taylor served as ESSENCE Magazine's groundbreaking Beauty & Cover Director, and is now Editor-at-Large for the publication. In addition, she is the Founder and President of Mikki Taylor Enterprises, which serves as a holding company for a number of image building, strategic communications and branding vertical businesses.
She is a four-time recipient of the CEBA Award, an industry award acknowledging excellence in African-American media. She also won the Associated Black Charities Image Makers Award and ESSENCE Magazine's Defining Excellence Award among innumerable honors. And she will be honored on Friday (June 6) with the Fashion Columbia Visionary Award during Fashion Columbia 2013, Columbia College Chicago's spring fund raiser and fashion show.
Taylor's latest book is Commander-in-Chic: Every Woman's Guide to Managing Her Style Like a First Lady. Inspired by Michelle Obama's "classic with a twist" fashion sense, the book is a lifestyle resource guide for the everyday woman.
Columbia College Chicago's annual scholarship fund raiser: Fashion Columbia 2013 Friday June 6th at the College's Media Production Center, 16th and South State, Chicago.
VIP tickets are sold out. General admission tickets and SRO tickets are available on line at colum.edu/fashioncolumbia.
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way 22 min ago
- Chicago memorials honor Nelson Mandela 1 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 28 min ago
- Sex assault trial begins without defendant, 85 23 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence
- 7 in :77
- Extreme cold continues, more snow on the way
22 min ago