Chicago In-Water Boat Show
June 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Big deals on toys for Lake Michigan and boat loads of on-water family fun for Father's Day weekend at Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show.
WHAT: Chicago's premier boating event on Lake Michigan, the Progressive Insurance Chicago In-Water Boat Show, is moving in today between 8 am and 4pm. Catch some spectacular visuals as hundreds of boats cruise into 31st Street Harbor today, Wednesday, June 12, between 8 am-4pm. Don't have time today? Get a sneak-peek Thursday morning before the show opens at 11:00am.
WHY: The show offers everyone the chance to experience the fun of boating. The boat show returns to the new, state-of-the-art marina, 31st Street Harbor, June 13-16, with hundreds of the newest boats and marine accessories for sale, on-water activities for all ages, education and daily entertainment.
Take a boating lesson. Make waves in Lake Michigan and climb aboard a boat of your choice to take a Discover Boating course - learn how to sail or drive a powerboat.
Check out what's SUP: Stand-Up Paddleboards (SUP)! Get in the water and on a stand-up paddleboard, test your balance while doing SUP yoga, participate in an SUP racing challenge against an expert competitor. Kayak like the pros. Get on the water and get schooled on the latest kayaking and canoeing products and techniques. Learn everything about the exciting world of paddlesports with demonstrations from Adventures Away http://www.adventureaway.com/.
Fly on the water-literally. Soar through the air and dive underneath the water's cool surface while trying out Flyboard http://flyboard.com/.
Take an Electric Boat ride tour of the harbor, stand on water on a floating lily pad http://aqualilypad.com/ or get wet while speeding through the lake in a series of twists and turns while being pulled by a wave runner on a bright yellow Banana Boat http://www.chicagobananaboatrentals.com/!
Cruise on a classic vintage craft just come aboard and marvel at the beauty and expert craftsmanship of an array of antique boats, including the Robert Allan II http://www.maritimemachines.org/MM%20TestSites1/MMYachtsRAIIv1.html, a 40' yacht built in 1936.
TICKETS: $10 for adults; children 15 and under get in FREE.
Buy tickets in advance online at ChicagoInWaterBoatShow.com
WHEN: Thursday through Sunday, June 13- 16, 2013
Thursday, June 13: 11 - 6 p.m.
Friday, June 14: 11 - 6 p.m.
Saturday, June 15: 10 - 6 p.m.
Sunday, June 16: 10 - 5 p.m.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains