Cooking Up Change
Sunday, June 16, 2013
June 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Five Chicago student chefs are just back from Washington, D.C., where they were in the national "Cooking Up Change" competition for healthier school lunches.Vanessa Arnold, Marina Nava, Leon Sanchez, Karen Rivera, and Leonard Guiterrez won honorable mention for outstanding presentation, and they joined us in our ABC7 studio to show us their dish creation.
For more information:
Students Chefs' Recipe: Elotes Washington
Ingredients: 6 cups frozen corn kernels
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon green bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
Spread corn kernels on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until corn is toasted and has a bright yellow color.
Remove corn from oven and pour into a serving bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise and lemon juice together until combined.
Add green bell pepper, parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper to mayonnaise mixture. Whisk until well combined.
Pour dressing over corn and stir to coat. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 24 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 42 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 59 min ago
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 29 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 17 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 37 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
44 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
24 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos