Cooking Up Change
Sunday, June 16, 2013
June 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Five Chicago student chefs are just back from Washington, D.C., where they were in the national "Cooking Up Change" competition for healthier school lunches.Vanessa Arnold, Marina Nava, Leon Sanchez, Karen Rivera, and Leonard Guiterrez won honorable mention for outstanding presentation, and they joined us in our ABC7 studio to show us their dish creation.
For more information:
Students Chefs' Recipe: Elotes Washington
Ingredients: 6 cups frozen corn kernels
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon green bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
Spread corn kernels on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until corn is toasted and has a bright yellow color.
Remove corn from oven and pour into a serving bowl. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise and lemon juice together until combined.
Add green bell pepper, parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper to mayonnaise mixture. Whisk until well combined.
Pour dressing over corn and stir to coat. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 35 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
ABC7Chicago.com News Links