Daily Herald: Navigators
June 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Bothered by the Boy Scouts of America's long-standing policies excluding gay youths and atheists, Elizabeth Vesto of Kildeer wanted her sons involved in an organization she believed in.
So, with the support of a Unitarian church in Palatine, she helped begin the first and only local chapter of Navigators USA, which bills itself as committed to providing a quality - and "intentionally inclusive" - coed scouting experience.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, June 16, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos