Community Connection: Midtown Educational Foundation
June 22, 2013 -- This summer, the Midtown Educational Foundation is sponsoring programs for Chicago kids at the Midtown Center for boys in Bucktown and the Metro Achievement Center for girls in the West Loop.
The programs are designed to help youth stay safe, off the streets, and also prepare them for school in the fall. So what are those programs all about? Brian Parker, Midtown Achievement Program Manager, and Pedro Gonzalez, Midtown Center student, came into our ABC7 studio to talk about that.
Summer programs for Chicago Youth at Midtown Center for boys and Metro Achievement Center for girls
Start: June 25
Programs vary, start dates June 25 and July 1 - run through first week of August Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Midtown Center for Boys in Bucktown: 1819 N. Wood St., Chicago
Metro Achievement Center for Girls in Greektown: 310 S. Peoria St.
$275 for 7-week program
Deadline to register:
First come, first-served until programs are filled
Limited amount of spots still available
Now enrolling at Midtown for boys or Metro for girls
To apply and for more info: www.midtown-metro.org/apply
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area 23 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning 31 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler