Daily Herald: U46 Boundaries
June 23, 2013 -- On ABC7 News Sunday Morning, Daily herald reporter Tara Garcia Mathewson discussed how an overcrowding issue in Elgin Area School District U-46 will cost taxpayers millions.
It stems from the board approving a $3 million project that includes adding five classrooms to Ontarioville Elementary School which is over capacity. The Hanover Park school is only two miles from Horizon Elementary School, which is a little more than half full. But the district is not making any moves to redraw boundaries, likely because of an ongoing discrimination lawsuit filed after the last boundary change. You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, June 23, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Park Manor drive-by injures 5 children 5 min ago
- Man in custody in fatal hit-and-run on West Side, police say 30 min ago
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77