Preventing Summer Dog Injuries
July 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- As ''The Dog Days of Summer'' are finally upon us, we need remember our pets. Dogs can easily burn their paws on hot blacktop or pick up nasty bacteria when enjoying a day at the beach.
Dr. Barbara Royal is the founder of the Royal Treatment Veterinary Center in Chicago. She brought her own dog with her to tell us how we can prevent summer injuries.
Preventing Summer Injuries
- Paw injuries/burns on blacktop
- Beach itchiness from bacteria in lake water
- Inter-dog aggression
- play injuries from parks/beaches
- Picking up bones/leftovers and garbage after picnics (watch out for grapes/raisins)
- Jumping out of cars
- Going on vacation with a pet (how to prepare/plan and pack)
The Royal Treatment Veterinary Center 4130 N. Rockwell St. Chicago, IL 60618 773-267-9966 http://www.royaltreatmentveterinarycenter.com/
Dr. Royal's book, "The Royal Treatment: A Natural Approach to Wildly Healthy Animals" can be purchased at www.Amazon.com
MORE ABOUT DR. ROYAL--Barbara Royal, DVM, is founder and owner of The Royal Treatment Veterinary Center, and author of "The Royal Treatment: A Natural Approach to Wildly Healthy Pets." She is internationally-known as a pioneer in integrative medicine and physical rehabilitation for both domesticated and wild animals. A passionate advocate of commonsense and cutting-edge approaches to optimal animal health, Dr. Royal provides a bridge between Western and Eastern medicine.
Dr. Royal has extensive experience in veterinary care, including zoo, marine, and wildlife animals, emergency medicine, pathology, conventional practices, nutrition, herbal remedies, physical rehabilitation techniques, and alternative treatments. She is also an acupuncture expert for pets and exotic zoo creatures. Her client list includes Oprah Winfrey and Barbra Streisand.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...