Community Events 08-11-13
August 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Now to some fun events for the whole family happening Sunday.
We begin in the northwest suburbs where it's the final day of Wood Dale's Prairie Fest. You'll find carnival games, music, food and more in Wood Dale's town square from 1 p.m. until 10 p.m.
In north suburban Glencoe, the Chicago Botanic Garden hosts a kite festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Kids can make their own kites, watch precision kite flying demonstrations and more. The event is free but parking costs $20.
In Chicago's Albany Park neighborhood, a celebration of Ecuadorian independence kicks off with a parade at noon on Montrose from California to Kimball. There will be music, dancing and celebrations of Ecuadorian independence.
And on the city's West Side, the back lawn of the Garfield Park Conservatory hosts "Figment," where kids will be shown how to make art projects out of just about anything: figments of their own imagination! It's free from noon until 5 p.m.
resources, ben bradley
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 19 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 33 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 25 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
19 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos