Friday Flyover: Wheaton North High School
September 20, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- This week, we feature Wheaton North on ABC7's Flyover Fridays, celebrating high school sports!
Wheaton North High School is home to approximately 2.179 students in grades 9-12. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Fifty High Schools in Illinois by the Chicago Sun Times and a Top High School in the country by Newsweek, 95% of Wheaton North graduates attend a two or four-year college. In 2013, Wheaton North graduated 111 Illinois State Scholars. The Wheaton North School colors are blue and gold and the school mascot is a Falcon. Several Falcons will be on hand for the Friday Flyover.
Wheaton North Marching Band:
The Wheaton North Falcon Band is an extra-curricular musical activity at Wheaton North High School, as part of an inclusive music and performing arts program that also includes 3 curricular bands, percussion studies class, 3 orchestras, 4 choirs, and several classroom music classes. The Wheaton North Band was the 2012 Class A Champion at the Downers Grove South Mustang Music Bowl. The Marching Falcons were Class A champions of the 2009 Lake Park Lancer Joust, performing in Finals for the first time in their history. The Marching Falcons are three-time Class A champions of the Naperville Classic Marching Tournament held at Benedictine University. The Wheaton North Wind Ensemble was chosen as one of six groups from around the nation to perform at the 2009 New York Band and Orchestra Festival at Carnegie Hall in New York City. That group performed as a rehearsal Lab ensemble at the 2010 Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in December and was selected for the 2012 Music for All National Festival.
Wheaton North High School is a proud member of the DuPage Valley Conference. Tonight (9/20) the Falcons take on the Naperville North Huskies. The Currently ranked #18 by the Chicago Tribune, the Falcons will go in to this game with a 2-1 record. Falcon coach Joe Wardynski also serves as a Dean at Wheaton North and in his sixth year as the Falcons Head Coach. Falcon quarterback Clayton Thoreson is a Senior and is heading off to Northwestern University next fall.
2013 Football Schedule:
09/20 Fri vs. Naperville North H 7:30 PM Rexillus Field- Band Senior Night
09/27 Fri vs. Lake Park A 7:30 PM Lake Park - West Campus
10/04 Fri vs. Glenbard East H 7:30 PM Rexillus Field- Homecoming
10/11 Fri vs. West Aurora A 7:30 PM West Aurora
10/18 Fri vs. Naperville Central H 7:30 PM Rexillus Field
10/25 Fri vs. Glenbard North H 7:30 PM Rexillus Field- Senior Night
WHERE: Wheaton North High School
701 W. Thomas St.
Wheaton, IL 60187
Community Unit School District 200
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 36 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD