Friday Flyover: Benet Academy
October 25, 2013 (LISLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- This week, we feature Benet Academy on ABC7's Friday Flyover, celebrating high school sports!
Tonight's game: Friday, October 25, 2013
Varsity Game kicks off at 7:30 PM at Benedictine University Football Stadium (across the street from Benet Academy)
School Demographics and Information
Name: Benet Academy
Founded: 1887 by Benedictine Monks of St. Procopius Abbey
School Mission: The mission of Benet Academy, as a Catholic, Benedictine, college preparatory high school, is to provide a disciplined educational environment that fosters the on-going religious, intellectual and social development of its students.
School Motto: Ora et Labora (Prayer and Work)
Athletic Membership: IHSA & East Suburban Catholic Conference
- We take seriously the Benedictine motto of glorifying God in all that we do
- We participate in at least 6 community service events every month and there are 9 Masses a week in the chapel
- Our annual student run fundraiser, the Christmas Drive, provides food and gifts for over 50 local families in Lisle and Naperville in addition to making significant contributions to over 15 local charities.
- 127 years of Benedictine Tradition. Benet recently celebrated its 125th Anniversary.
- 10 Consecutive years of a 28 or better composite ACT score for all senior
- 99% of graduating seniors attend a 4 year college or university.
- 46% of Class of 2013 were awarded Illinois State Scholars.
- Open House events will be Sunday, October 27 between 1 and 3 p.m. and Tuesday, October 29 between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- 3 ESCC Coaches of the Year
- Last Year 10 ESCC Championships (out of 19).
- This Year 5 ESCC Championships so far
- Back to Back State Champions for Girls 4A Volleyball
- Over 280 (20%) students are involved in music ensembles.
- Fall Play - "39 Steps" opens Nov. 22, and the Spring Musical will be "42nd Street" with a cast of over 100 students.
- Benet Academy has more than 13,000 alumni
- Notable Alums: Mark DeCarlo (TV Personality); Mike Lee (Professional Boxer); Father Robert Barron (Film-maker; Author); Teri Goudie (Media Consultant and Wife of ABC Reporter, Chuck Goudie).
WHERE: Benet Academy
2200 Maple Ave.
Lisle, IL 60532
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 33 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 31 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout