Community Events 10-27-13
October 27, 2013 (WLS) -- Now to some fun events for the whole family happening Sunday.
Sixty-five miles west of Chicago, Sycamore's Pumpkin Fest continues Sunday. Thousands of decorated pumpkins are on display. There is pumpkin carving, a carnival and more from 11 until 5. The event is free, but there's a cost for carnival rides.
In the north suburbs, the Heart of Glenview Halloween Fest is today. There's a pet costume parade at 2 p.m. and a costumed run at 4pm. Proceeds benefit four charities.
In southwest suburban Tinley Park, the Boo Bash continues Sunday near the Oak Park Avenue train stop. There are ghoulish games, a costume contest, trick or treating and more from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
At the Indiana Dunes, Halloween and nature come together for "Howl-o-Ween." Bird feeding begins at ten, a witch hunt at 2 and owl-banding at 7. The activities are free with admission to the dunes.
resources, ben bradley
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout