Daily Herald: Butterfly Kids
November 3, 2013 -- Columnist Burt Constable tells the story of Caroline Provost, a Palatine 8-year-old whose very rare disease makes her skin so fragile that she must wear protective bandages on most of her body and endure the twice-daily pain of changing them.
While striving to provide her with experiences like going to school, riding a bike and bowling, her parents must constantly focus on Caroline's safety and care.You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, November 3, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer