Community Events 12-08-13
December 8, 2013 (WLS) -- Looking for something to do today? Here are a few events for whole family.
We begin in the south suburbs where you can see what life was like in Christmas Past. Pop popcorn over an open fire, see pioneer cabins and make crafts today from 11 until 3 at the Sand Ridge Nature Center in South Holland. It's free.
In Mount Prospect, Randhurst Village puts on its magical animated lights show every half hour from five until seven this evening. It's free and continues through December 15th.
The Chicago Botanic Garden's Wonderland Express is underway. See the railroad garden, a miniature Chicago and much more from 10 until 6 today.
And in Chicago's Roscoe Village neighborhood, the last day of Winterfest is today from one until five. There's caroling, trolley rides and a visit with Santa. It's free!
resources, ben bradley
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 57 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
57 min ago