2013 Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place, Feb 9-19
(CHICAGO) (WLS) -- First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent. This year marks the 105th edition of the Chicago Auto Show.
LOCATION: McCormick Place on Lake Shore Drive at 23rd Street
PUBLIC SHOW HOURS: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. February 9-17, 2013; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, February 18, 2013
ADMISSION: General admission to the 2013 Chicago Auto Show is $12 for adults (ages 13 - 61), $6 for children (ages 7 - 12) and $6 for senior citizens (ages 62 and up). Any child 6 years or younger may enter the show free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult. Advanced ticket sales are available online at www.drivechicago.com.
Weekday discount tickets, which are $6 off general adult admission tickets, are available at area new-car dealers and from participating banks. Weekday group discounts are also available. Please contact Donna Young for group rates at email@example.com.
EXHIBITIONS: North America's largest auto show, the 2013 Chicago Auto Show spans more than one million square feet of contiguous one-floor space of the McCormick Place complex displaying multiple world and North American introductions and a complete range of domestic and imported passenger cars, trucks, sport-utility vehicles, minivans and concept cars. In all, nearly 1,000 different vehicles will be on display, plus hundreds of interactive, aftermarket, accessories and auto-related exhibits, competition vehicles, antique and collector cars. The Chicago Auto Show also features several indoor test tracks and outdoor ride-and-drive opportunities.
SPECIAL DAYS: Woman's Day - Tuesday, February 12; Food Drive Days - Wednesday, February 13 - Friday, February 15
HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBILITY: McCormick Place offers many services to Chicago Auto Show visitors with disabilities, allowing them to enjoy the excitement of the show.
- Handicapped parking available in all McCormick Place parking garages
- McCormick Place Lot A offers an adjacent surface with extra handicapped spaces
- Valet parking available at the Hyatt Hotel lot adjacent to McCormick Place
- All outdoor entrances to the show have "push-to-open" button doors and ramps for show patrons with wheelchairs
- Accessible elevators to help navigate inside the show
- Scooter and wheelchair rentals offered by Scootaround, located at Gate 4 (west end of the Grand Concourse)
- Submit rental inquiries at www.scootaround.com, or call 1-888-441-7575
- Trolley shuttles to the parking lot by American Sightseeing Chicago
- Call 800-621-4153 to secure a shuttle with chairlift capacity
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit 4 min ago
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Schaumburg couple injured in Oklahoma tornado
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Kirk, Durbin supporting Pritzker as commerce secretary 6 min ago
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison 55 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos