Chicago Auto Show 2013: Frequently Asked Questions
(CHICAGO) (WLS) -- First staged in 1901, the Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in North America and has been held more times than any other auto exposition on the continent.
What are 2013 Chicago Auto Show's dates and hours?
The 2013 Chicago Auto Show is open to the public from February 9-18, 2013.
February 9-17: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
February 18 (Presidents Day): 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
When is First Look for Charity held and what are the event hours?
The benevolent 2013 First Look for Charity black-tie event will take place this year on Friday, February 8 from 7-11 p.m.
What are the 2013 Media Preview dates?
The 2013 Media Preview of 2013 Chicago Auto Show will be held on Thursday, February - Friday, February 8.
What is the 2013 Chicago Auto Show ticket price?
Admission prices are as follows:
- $12 for adults
- $6 for seniors ages 62 and older
- $6 for children ages 7-12
- Free admission for children 6 and younger when they accompany a paying adult (family members only)
- Weekday discount coupons ($6 off the regular adult admission) available at various area new-car dealers.
What entrance will accept these tickets?
All entrances will accept tickets. Those entrances are:
- Level 1, West Lobby South Building (adjacent to Gate 2)
- Level 3, Grand Concourse
- ? Level 2, North Building
How do I purchase tickets for admission to the Chicago Auto Show?
To avoid lines, you can purchase tickets in advance at ChicagoAutoShow.com. You can also purchase tickets on-site at the box offices located at the entrances to the show (cash and credit cards will be accepted).
Do you offer discounted school or group rates?
The Chicago Automobile Trade Association will again be offering discounted tickets to the 2013 Chicago Auto Show for schools and groups. Groups of 20 or more will receive a discounted rate of $6 per ticket. These tickets may be used on one of the following days: Monday, February 11 through Friday, February 15 and Monday, February 18. Chaperones for the students will be given complimentary tickets; the ratio that we use is 1:10.
Are wheelchairs and motorized scooters available for rent at the Chicago Auto Show?
Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are available for rent at the McCormick Place. To make a reservation, please contact Scootaround's toll-free hotline at 1-888-441-7575. Motorized scooters are $50 a day; wheelchairs are $20. For more details, visit ScootAround.com. Scootaround is located at Gate 4 of McCormick Place (on the west end of the Grand Concourse).
Can we actually ride in the vehicles in the interactive test tracks?
Yes, all show attendees can ride as passengers with the professional drivers on the five designated tracks.
Are you offering any special or themed days this year?
We sure are, and even have some special pricing available.
- Tuesday, February 12: Women's Day. Women are admitted for $6. Manufacturers will present special women-oriented programs on the purchase and lease of cars and maintenance.
- Wednesday, February 13 through Friday, February 15: Chicago Auto Show Food Drive. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for $6 admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation.
- Friday, February 15: Telemundo Hispanic Day.
What are my parking options closest to the Chicago Auto Show/McCormick Place?
McCormick Place offers on-site parking. There are three main McCormick Place lots: A, B & C.
- Lot A: $21 (or $30 after 16 hours)
- Lot B: $14
- Lot C: $21
*After 6 p.m. during Chicago Auto Show dates, parking rates will drop to $10 for all three lots.
Parking fees can be paid by cash or credit card; VISA, MasterCard and American Express are accepted. Parking lots are open throughout event hours. Overnight parking is not available, and there are no in-and-out privileges.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 14 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 12 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 30 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 28 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 43 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
14 min ago