Chevy Corvette Stingray big draw at Chicago Auto Show
February 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray will be available in a couple and convertible.
"The big draw for car fans at this year's Auto Show will be the 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray. This car hasn't been redesigned since 2005," Joe Wiesenfelder, executive director at cars.com, said.
It will be available later this year in coupe form, and eventually as a convertible. The show is a great place to comparison shop between manufacturers. SUV and crossovers are still popular, like the redesigned Mazda CX5 and the Ford Escape.
People come to the auto show to buy, and they come to dream. But it doesn't hurt to look, and there's plenty to look at.
Fuel efficiency continues to be trend, but now there's a big push toward clean diesel. Today, Chevy introduced the Cruze diesel - the first clean diesel car produced by a U.S. manufacturer in the modern era. It will be available this summer for under $25,000.
In a nod to the slowly improving housing and construction market, Toyota unveiled its redesigned 2014 Tundra full-sized pickup truck.
"Pick-up truck sales have been increasing over the past couple years and that's a really good sign - the best-selling car in this country is the Ford F-150," Wiesenfelder said.
There will be several indoor test tracks at the show, but more manufacturers will be offering outdoor test drives around McCormick Place.
automotive, roz varon
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Chicago Auto Show Coverage
- Photos: Chicago Auto Show 2013 Pictures
- Chicago Auto Show biggest exhibition of its kind
- Chicago Auto Show boasts high tech features
- Ford Launches a 2014 Fiesta ST Race Car at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show
- Chevy Corvette Stingray big draw at Chicago Auto Show
- Map of the Show Floor
- Concept cars big draw at Chicago Auto Show
- Midwest Automotive Media Association Selects Ford Fusion as Family Vehicle of the Year
- Directions, Parking & Public Transportation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos