Midwest Automotive Media Association Selects Ford Fusion as Family Vehicle of the Year
(PRESS RELEASE) -- The 2013 Chicago Auto Show Media Preview kicked off with the Midwest Automotive Media Association (MAMA) and Auto Alliance breakfast, where MAMA announced the Ford Fusion as the 2013 Family Vehicle of the Year. Additionally, Andy Goss, president and CEO of Jaguar Land Rover North America delivered a keynote speech.
David Sloan, president of the Chicago Automobile Trade Association and Chicago Auto Show general manager, opened the breakfast by addressing the Chicago Auto Show's impact on the Millennial generation: the Chicago Auto Show draws the greatest number of Millennials. "Generation Y is very apathetic towards new models," said Sloan. "So the fact that they are coming to the Auto Show proves that the show engages people of all different ages."
MAMA narrowed down the three finalists for the 2013 Family Vehicle of the Year Award - the 2013 Honda Accord and the Mazda Mazda5 were the runners-up - for its third annual Family Vehicle of the Year Award.
"Choosing a family vehicle is an important decision. It should be affordable, reliable, efficient, and roomy. MAMA pooled its collective expertise to pick the best family vehicle from a strong group of recent releases, and the Ford Fusion bested them all," said MAMA President Kirk Bell.
Following the award presentation, Andy Goss addressed the crowd to highlight the 2013 Jaguar F-Type and the fourth generation Range Rover.
"We are determined to make Jaguar a much more significant player in the market," said Goss. "Our brand is always about promise; always was and always will be. I can tell you the F-type is the real deal."
The new 2013 model year sedans include the 3.0 liter Jaguar XJ and XF, equipped with a V6 engine and RWD/AWD as well as the 2.0 liter Jaguar XF with a V6 engine and RWD for $50,000. All three F-Type sedans are exclusive high performance vehicles. The fourth generation Range Rover is 700 pounds lighter than other models, making it more efficient than ever. The new 2013 F-Type and fourth generation Range Rover are just two examples of what Jaguar Land Rover is working on today and a hint of where the company is headed in the future.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 42 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
42 min ago