The N Beat: A New Latin Rhythm
June 23, 2007 -- ABC 7 presents "THE N BEAT: A NEW LATIN RHYTHM," spotlighting the artist and the music captivating the country along with a close-up look at Chicago's promising entrant to the Latin music scene.
Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, "THE Ñ BEAT" will air Saturday, June 23 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, June 30th at 1:00 p.m. "THE Ñ BEAT" is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
This edition of "THE Ñ BEAT" will spotlight the latest wave of Latin music causing a sensation in Chicago and around the country. With the influx of a new fusion of Latin rhythms such as Bachata, Reggaeton and Latin Pop, more radio stations, concert halls, and dance clubs are turning up the volume on this new sound.
"THE Ñ BEAT" talks to a home-grown Latin artist, Betzaida, as she continues her quest for chart-topping success.
Concert excerpts from their recent Chicago appearances feature the music of "Alexis & Fido," (Reggaeton); "Xtreme," (Bachata); "Mercedes Sosa" (Latin folk) and "Paulina Rubio" (Latin pop) and "Aventura," credited with bringing the Dominican folk sound "Bachata" to American audiences.
Cesar Canales, the Operations Director for Univision Radio Illinois, and Elena Sotomayor, vice president of marketing for Cardenas Marketing Network, and Matthew Romero, vice president of marketing, Viva Marketing Group, puts the popularity of this new Latin music into perspective and the opportunities Chicago provides for these artists to reach new audiences.
"The Ñ Beat" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com
"The ÑBeat" is produced by Edgar Vargas.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 40 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 1 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend 4 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 32 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake 2 min ago