The N Beat: A New Latin Rhythm
June 23, 2007 -- ABC 7 presents "THE N BEAT: A NEW LATIN RHYTHM," spotlighting the artist and the music captivating the country along with a close-up look at Chicago's promising entrant to the Latin music scene.
Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, "THE Ñ BEAT" will air Saturday, June 23 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Saturday, June 30th at 1:00 p.m. "THE Ñ BEAT" is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
This edition of "THE Ñ BEAT" will spotlight the latest wave of Latin music causing a sensation in Chicago and around the country. With the influx of a new fusion of Latin rhythms such as Bachata, Reggaeton and Latin Pop, more radio stations, concert halls, and dance clubs are turning up the volume on this new sound.
"THE Ñ BEAT" talks to a home-grown Latin artist, Betzaida, as she continues her quest for chart-topping success.
Concert excerpts from their recent Chicago appearances feature the music of "Alexis & Fido," (Reggaeton); "Xtreme," (Bachata); "Mercedes Sosa" (Latin folk) and "Paulina Rubio" (Latin pop) and "Aventura," credited with bringing the Dominican folk sound "Bachata" to American audiences.
Cesar Canales, the Operations Director for Univision Radio Illinois, and Elena Sotomayor, vice president of marketing for Cardenas Marketing Network, and Matthew Romero, vice president of marketing, Viva Marketing Group, puts the popularity of this new Latin music into perspective and the opportunities Chicago provides for these artists to reach new audiences.
"The Ñ Beat" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com
"The ÑBeat" is produced by Edgar Vargas.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 23 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos