November 8, 2009: Chicago Philharmonic/Chicago United
We talked with two Chicago organizations with dynamic histories: Chicago United and Chicago Philharmonic Orchestra.
Chicago United is the catalyst driving business leaders to maximize economic impact for all races. Created in 1968, Chicago United was the first group to bring together racially diverse CEOs with a common goal of creating a stronger social and economic climate for everyone in Chicago. Visit www.chicago-united.org for more information.
Named "Orchestra of the Year" by the Illinois Council of Orchestras, the Chicago Philharmonic will begin its 20th season (2009-2010) at Northwestern University's Pick-Staiger Hall in Evanston. Proud of its heritage as the former Symphony II, the orchestra carries on this tradition of excellence. The Chicago Philharmonic has won many accolades from music critics and audiences alike. To learn more visit www.chicagophilharmonic.homestead.com.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced 1 min ago
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue 5 min ago
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- Farm-to-table cuisine in the southwest...
20 min ago