April 11, 2010: Chicagoing Cares
We focused on two important Chicago organizations providing critically needed and inspiring services for over 100 years.
Gads Hill Center was founded in Pilsen in 1898. For 112 years, it has grown and adapted to the needs of its evolving community, and continues to reach out to serve more families in Chicago neighborhoods. For more information visit www.gadshillcenter.org.
Established in 1870 in the settlement house tradition, Erie House evolved into one of the first comprehensive social service agencies in Chicago and is now a recognized nonprofit leader. Erie's educational programs reach over 5,000 participants annually, providing a pathway to success and strengthening communities. Erie House celebrates 140 years of services this year! To learn more visit www.eriehouse.org.
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 6 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4... 44 min ago
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room 51 min ago
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- 7 in :77
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
6 min ago