June 20, 2010: Kidney Disease Hope
Since 1982, the PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) Foundation has been building to this moment - this pivotal tipping point - when treatments for PKD are truly, finally, within reach.
The progress has been significant. The PKD Foundation has come a long way since its first year funding research - one grant for only $25,000. In 2009, the PKD Foundation funded 32 projects in five countries for a total of nearly $2 million.
We talked with local members of the foundation to get up to date on its progress and learn more about its work.
To get more information visit www.pkdcure.org.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 13 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
55 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
59 min ago