June 20, 2010: Kidney Disease Hope
Since 1982, the PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) Foundation has been building to this moment - this pivotal tipping point - when treatments for PKD are truly, finally, within reach.
The progress has been significant. The PKD Foundation has come a long way since its first year funding research - one grant for only $25,000. In 2009, the PKD Foundation funded 32 projects in five countries for a total of nearly $2 million.
We talked with local members of the foundation to get up to date on its progress and learn more about its work.
To get more information visit www.pkdcure.org.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in OT, tie series 14 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago