September 5, 2010: National Museum of Mexican Art
It was founded in the 1980's as Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum by Carlos Tortolero and is today the National Museum of Mexican Art.
An internationally respected institution, the mission of the National Museum of Mexican Art (NMMA) is to stimulate and preserve knowledge and appreciation of Mexican culture through sponsoring events and exhibitions that exemplify the rich variety of visual and performing arts in the Mexican culture; to develop, preserve, and conserve a significant permanent collection of Mexican art; to encourage the professional development of Mexican artists; and to offer arts education programs.
We talked about the museums vibrant history and its mission.
Visit www.nationalmuseumofmexicanart.org to learn more.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple survived Oklahoma tornado 42 min ago
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos