September 5, 2010: National Museum of Mexican Art
It was founded in the 1980's as Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum by Carlos Tortolero and is today the National Museum of Mexican Art.
An internationally respected institution, the mission of the National Museum of Mexican Art (NMMA) is to stimulate and preserve knowledge and appreciation of Mexican culture through sponsoring events and exhibitions that exemplify the rich variety of visual and performing arts in the Mexican culture; to develop, preserve, and conserve a significant permanent collection of Mexican art; to encourage the professional development of Mexican artists; and to offer arts education programs.
We talked about the museums vibrant history and its mission.
Visit www.nationalmuseumofmexicanart.org to learn more.
- Fans subdued after Blackhawks lose Game 3
- Mysterious substance closes Indiana beaches
- Danny Green, Manu Ginobili lead Spurs to Game 5 win over Heat
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruins beat Hawks 2-0, take series lead 2-1
- Mother convicted of killing son exonerated
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Chicago violence kills 8; 46 shot over weekend
- Ex-Chicago Ald. Medrano convicted in bribery case
- Cops: Man crawled through window, abused girl
- Evanston man accused of stealing, selling, re-stealing car
- Chief Keef pleads guilty to speeding, faces 2nd paternity suit
- abcnews: NSA Leaker Alleges US Spied on Allies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos