September 12, 2010: Chicagoing Cares
September 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- We focused on three unique organizations in the Chicago area making a difference in their own special ways.
Sinai Community Institute (SCI) services are available to women, children and families. SCI is oftentimes the entry point for those in need of comprehensive health care services. SCI provides a range of services such as health education, food and nutritional services, leadership development, parent training, and vocational counseling within the health-related field, case-management, intervention, prevention and outreach programs geared to improving family health and promoting wellness throughout the community. Visit www.sinai.org.
Casa Central was founded in 1954 by a multi-denominational group of churches to provide social services to the Hispanic population. Since then, Casa Central has evolved from an organization with three employees and a $26,000 budget to an acclaimed model agency with over 450 staff members and a $16 million budget. Casa Central is now the largest Hispanic social service agency in Chicago and arguably in the country, providing programs for all ages. Go to www.casacentral.org to connect!
The 27th Annual Walk-Fun Run-Bike-Skate-a-thon For Education for the Chicago Area United Negro College Fund will take place on Saturday, September 18, 2010 on 31st Street Beach, 31st Street and Lake Shore Drive. UNCF envisions a nation where all Americans have equal access to a college education that prepares them for rich intellectual lives, competitive and fulfilling careers, engaged citizenship and service to our nation. To learn more visit www.uncf.org.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos