September 12, 2010: Chicagoing Cares
September 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- We focused on three unique organizations in the Chicago area making a difference in their own special ways.
Sinai Community Institute (SCI) services are available to women, children and families. SCI is oftentimes the entry point for those in need of comprehensive health care services. SCI provides a range of services such as health education, food and nutritional services, leadership development, parent training, and vocational counseling within the health-related field, case-management, intervention, prevention and outreach programs geared to improving family health and promoting wellness throughout the community. Visit www.sinai.org.
Casa Central was founded in 1954 by a multi-denominational group of churches to provide social services to the Hispanic population. Since then, Casa Central has evolved from an organization with three employees and a $26,000 budget to an acclaimed model agency with over 450 staff members and a $16 million budget. Casa Central is now the largest Hispanic social service agency in Chicago and arguably in the country, providing programs for all ages. Go to www.casacentral.org to connect!
The 27th Annual Walk-Fun Run-Bike-Skate-a-thon For Education for the Chicago Area United Negro College Fund will take place on Saturday, September 18, 2010 on 31st Street Beach, 31st Street and Lake Shore Drive. UNCF envisions a nation where all Americans have equal access to a college education that prepares them for rich intellectual lives, competitive and fulfilling careers, engaged citizenship and service to our nation. To learn more visit www.uncf.org.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security 54 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 48 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor