September 12, 2010: Chicagoing Cares
September 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- We focused on three unique organizations in the Chicago area making a difference in their own special ways.
Sinai Community Institute (SCI) services are available to women, children and families. SCI is oftentimes the entry point for those in need of comprehensive health care services. SCI provides a range of services such as health education, food and nutritional services, leadership development, parent training, and vocational counseling within the health-related field, case-management, intervention, prevention and outreach programs geared to improving family health and promoting wellness throughout the community. Visit www.sinai.org.
Casa Central was founded in 1954 by a multi-denominational group of churches to provide social services to the Hispanic population. Since then, Casa Central has evolved from an organization with three employees and a $26,000 budget to an acclaimed model agency with over 450 staff members and a $16 million budget. Casa Central is now the largest Hispanic social service agency in Chicago and arguably in the country, providing programs for all ages. Go to www.casacentral.org to connect!
The 27th Annual Walk-Fun Run-Bike-Skate-a-thon For Education for the Chicago Area United Negro College Fund will take place on Saturday, September 18, 2010 on 31st Street Beach, 31st Street and Lake Shore Drive. UNCF envisions a nation where all Americans have equal access to a college education that prepares them for rich intellectual lives, competitive and fulfilling careers, engaged citizenship and service to our nation. To learn more visit www.uncf.org.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913