October 3, 2010: Dr. Margaret Burroughs
October 3, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Art Institute of Chicago this year is Honoring Dr. Margaret Burroughs with the Legacy and Legends Award.
Dr. Burroughs is the founder of the DuSable Museum of African American History, the first museum honoring the legacy of African American history in the United States. She is an internationally acclaimed artist and a graduate of the Art Institute of Chicago. We talked about her legacy, her contributions to the arts and her pioneering work in preserving the contributions of African Americans to our national culture.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin