October 3, 2010: Dr. Margaret Burroughs
October 3, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Art Institute of Chicago this year is Honoring Dr. Margaret Burroughs with the Legacy and Legends Award.
Dr. Burroughs is the founder of the DuSable Museum of African American History, the first museum honoring the legacy of African American history in the United States. She is an internationally acclaimed artist and a graduate of the Art Institute of Chicago. We talked about her legacy, her contributions to the arts and her pioneering work in preserving the contributions of African Americans to our national culture.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 1 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 47 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 39 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos