October 10, 2010: Chicagoing Cares-October
October 10, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On "Chicagoing Cares-Fall" we talked with representatives of Chicago Tobacco Prevention Project, Breast Health Center for Central DuPage Hospital and Chicago United.
The City of Chicago's Department of Public Health and Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago were awarded an $11.5 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to tackle the high rates of smoking in Chicago over the next two years. We talked about what will be done to address high smoking rates among vulnerable populations groups. Go to www.lungchicago.org/ctpp.
Breast cancer accounts for nearly one of every three cancer patients seen at Central DuPage Hospital (CDH). It's Breast Health Center is always thinking of a way to help women fight against breast cancer, with treatment choices, support services, resources and sensitive care from dedicated professionals. To learn more go to www.cdh.org.
Attendees at this year's Chicago United Changing Color of Leadership Conference can anticipate gleaning leadership insights from some of Chicago's most respected chief executives as the business community gathers to discuss advancing multiracial leadership in business locally and globally on November 18 at the Hilton Chicago. Visit www.chicago-united.org.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party