October 10, 2010: Chicagoing Cares-October
October 10, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On "Chicagoing Cares-Fall" we talked with representatives of Chicago Tobacco Prevention Project, Breast Health Center for Central DuPage Hospital and Chicago United.
The City of Chicago's Department of Public Health and Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago were awarded an $11.5 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to tackle the high rates of smoking in Chicago over the next two years. We talked about what will be done to address high smoking rates among vulnerable populations groups. Go to www.lungchicago.org/ctpp.
Breast cancer accounts for nearly one of every three cancer patients seen at Central DuPage Hospital (CDH). It's Breast Health Center is always thinking of a way to help women fight against breast cancer, with treatment choices, support services, resources and sensitive care from dedicated professionals. To learn more go to www.cdh.org.
Attendees at this year's Chicago United Changing Color of Leadership Conference can anticipate gleaning leadership insights from some of Chicago's most respected chief executives as the business community gathers to discuss advancing multiracial leadership in business locally and globally on November 18 at the Hilton Chicago. Visit www.chicago-united.org.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds