October 17, 2010: Prevention First/Omni Youth Services
October 17, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This year marks the 25th observance of Red Ribbon Week [Oct 23 -31] to raise awareness in communities about what we can all do to prevent drug abuse before it starts.
This year, Prevention First, the Illinois Drug Education Alliance (IDEA), Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) and the Chicago Region office of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) encourage you to "Paint Illinois Red" as part of the national 25th year observance, "Paint the Nation Red."
To learn more visit www.prevention.org.
We also talked about Omni Youth Services which is the largest and most comprehensive youth development organization serving the needs of Chicago's northwest suburbs. The organization doesn't only focus on resolving existing problems, but pursues the development of skills for life.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 25 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 10 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos