October 17, 2010: Prevention First/Omni Youth Services
October 17, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This year marks the 25th observance of Red Ribbon Week [Oct 23 -31] to raise awareness in communities about what we can all do to prevent drug abuse before it starts.
This year, Prevention First, the Illinois Drug Education Alliance (IDEA), Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) and the Chicago Region office of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) encourage you to "Paint Illinois Red" as part of the national 25th year observance, "Paint the Nation Red."
To learn more visit www.prevention.org.
We also talked about Omni Youth Services which is the largest and most comprehensive youth development organization serving the needs of Chicago's northwest suburbs. The organization doesn't only focus on resolving existing problems, but pursues the development of skills for life.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial 36 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space 37 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos