October 17, 2010: Prevention First/Omni Youth Services
October 17, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This year marks the 25th observance of Red Ribbon Week [Oct 23 -31] to raise awareness in communities about what we can all do to prevent drug abuse before it starts.
This year, Prevention First, the Illinois Drug Education Alliance (IDEA), Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) and the Chicago Region office of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) encourage you to "Paint Illinois Red" as part of the national 25th year observance, "Paint the Nation Red."
To learn more visit www.prevention.org.
We also talked about Omni Youth Services which is the largest and most comprehensive youth development organization serving the needs of Chicago's northwest suburbs. The organization doesn't only focus on resolving existing problems, but pursues the development of skills for life.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout