December 12, 2010: Holiday Giving-Salvation Army
December 12, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Salvation Army Metropolitan Division serves people in need in Greater Chicago, northern Illinois and northwestern Indiana.
It is celebrating 125 years of service this year.
Among the assistance provided are youth programs; early childhood development services; feeding programs for homeless adults, children and seniors; emergency lodging for families and individuals in crisis; disaster relief; senior housing; spiritual counseling and substance abuse rehabilitation programs.
For more information about The Salvation Army Metropolitan Division or to donate or volunteer, please visit www.salarmychicago.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-825-2769).
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor