ABC7 broadcasts mayor candidate debate
December 21, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7, in partnership with several organizations, will broadcast live the Chicago Mayoral Candidate Debate at Chicago's historic Oriental Theatre on Thursday, February 17 at 7 p.m.
ABC 7, the station that has broadcast political debates for more than two decades, will present a live, commercial free debate with Chicago mayoral candidates Carol Moseley Braun, Gery Chico, Miguel del Valle and Rahm Emanuel, Thursday, February 17 at 7:00 pm.
ABC 7 Anchor/Reporter Ron Magers will moderate the live debate from Broadway in Chicago's Oriental Theatre. The debate will also be streamed live on abc7chicago.com and broadcast on Univision Chicago on Thursday, February 17 at 11:00 pm.
ABC 7 Chicago Political Reporter Charles Thomas and Univision Chicago Anchor/Reporter Paula Gomez will join moderator Ron Magers in the questioning of the candidates.
Key community organizations have come together to join ABC 7 and the League of Women Voters in an unprecedented partnership that also includes the Chicago Foundation for Women, Chicago Loop Alliance, Chicago Urban League, Metropolitan Planning Council, League of Chicago Theatres, Mikva Challenge, National Council of La Raza and Univision Chicago.
According to Emily Barr, President and General Manager, ABC 7 Chicago, "We are proud of ABC 7's long-standing tradition of broadcasting candidate debates, and with the intense focus on Chicago's next mayor, we knew a timely mayoral debate was essential. We're delighted with the unprecedented groundswell of community support we've received and that so many diverse organizations have joined us in this community service."
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 16 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 45 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 29 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds