The Ñ Beat: "Reflections Of Ourselves"
Hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, The Ñ Beat: "Reflections Of Ourselves," features young Latino artists whose passion, business acumen and connection to their culture have shaped their vision and taken their craft to new heights.
With special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, "THE Ñ BEAT" will air in HD Saturday, June 14 at 6:00 p.m. with an encore presentation on Sunday, June 15th at 4:30 p.m. "THE Ñ BEAT" is an Emmy Award winning program celebrating the accomplishments of Chicago's Latino community.
The artists highlighted on this edition of "THE Ñ BEAT" represent "generation next" for Guatemalans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans and Mexican Americas who are redefining their Latino identity in the United States. They talk about Chicago's support of artists whose work reflects the Latino experience and how their heritage has become the lifeblood that inspires their art and holds them to a high standard of excellence.
THE Ñ BEAT: "REFLECTIONS OF OURSELVES" features:
Anna Fong, a Guatemalan-Chinese fashion designer whose entrepreneurial spirit has brought her back to Chicago to launch her own clothing line.
Luna Negra Dance Theater is a contemporary Latino dance company which has traveled the world to showcase their artistry. Based in Chicago under the direction of Eduardo Vilaro, their performances are filled with Latin drama and movement.
Maricza Valentin and Sol Solis have teamed up to form the Latin Rhythms Academy of Dance and Performance to spotlight the talents of young dancers as well as provide an opportunity for all to learn traditional Latin dances.
By day Chris Gomez works for his father's executive search firm, by night he straps on an electric guitar and plays with his band, "Red Line District." In the tradition of classic rock, Red Line District looks to make their mark in the music business one performance at a time. "THE Ñ BEAT" is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com
"THE Ñ BEAT" is produced by Edgar Vargas and Rubye Wilson.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913