"Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend"
The Chicago Air & Water Show may be turning 50, but the event's breathtaking action will soar to new heights when ABC 7 Chicago presents the HD broadcast of CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A WET AND WILD WEEKEND. Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special will air Sunday, August 17th at 10:35 pm, with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 24th at 1:00 pm.
Taft and Butler will give viewers a close-up look at this lakefront spectacle spotlighting the thrills and chills of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels as they perform their famous diamond formation, aerobatic maneuvers and precision flying. An historical recap of the Air & Water Show from its inception in 1959, to its present day status as one of Chicago's best-loved and most anticipated summer traditions, will be featured. Chicago's own Gary Sinise will reminisce.
CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A WET AND WILD WEEKEND will also turn the spotlight on ESPN radio host Marc Silverman who will fasten his seat belt for the flight of a his life as he loops and dives at lightening speed with the Blue Angels.
Other headliners include the U.S. Army Parachute Team "Golden Knights" who will be jumping out of aircraft 12,500 feet above the earth's surface at speeds exceeding 120 mph. Returning military and civilian favorites include the F-22 Raptor, AeroShell Aerobatic Team, Lima Lima Flight Team, and the radical extreme style flying of the "Firebirds." Also dazzling onlookers, Sean Tucker & Team Oracle return for a daring performance which will include flying backwards as fast as 100 mph.
New performers this year include The Collaborators, Bill Leff Airshows and the United States Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs.
Last, but certainly not least, military pilot and captain, Herb Hunter, will commemorate his 21st year as the "Voice for the Chicago Air & Water Show".
The Air & Water Show takes place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront. This year promises to be like no other--for the first time a Friday night show will be added to celebrate the event's 50th anniversary.
"Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" is produced by Executive Producer of Programming, Crick Bowen in cooperation with the Mayor's Office of Special Events.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A Wet and Wild Weekend" will be available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 10 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 8 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos