ABC7 presents The Polish Constitution Day Parade
May 2, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago's Alan Krashesky served as host of this year's high definition broadcast of "The Polish Constitution Day Parade" on Saturday, May 2, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
ABC7 Chicago was the only Chicago area television station to broadcast this year's parade.
Stacey Baca, Karen Jordan, Karen Meyer, Kevin Roy, Phil Schwarz and Jerry Taft were scheduled to participate in the festivities and ride along the parade route on Columbus Drive, from Balboa to Monroe, atop ABC 7 Chicago's float.
"The Polish Constitution Day Parade" is the largest Polish parade outside of Poland and celebrates the anniversary of the ratification of the Polish constitution on May 3, 1791. For more than 100 years, Polonia's various community organizations have come together to organize this traditional Chicago salute to pride and tradition.
Video of "The Polish Constitution Day Parade," is available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com.
ABC7 Chicago's Christopher Bowen was the executive producer of the parade.
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop 16 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler