ABC7 Chicago presents The Puerto Rican Day Parade
June 17, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago celebrated 31 years of broadcasting "The Puerto Rican Day Parade," Saturday, June 20 from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Hosted by ABC7 general assignment reporter and host of "N Beat," Theresa Gutierrez, "The Puerto Rican Day Parade" aired in HD on ABC7 Chicago.
ABC7 Chicago's Cheryl Burton, Jerry Taft, Sylvia Perez, Judy Hsu, Hosea Sanders and Charles Thomas joined in the festivities atop the ABC7 Chicago float.
The parade, celebrating Puerto Rican culture, kicked off at Columbus and Balbo drives with a colorful procession of floats, folk dancers, reggaeton musical groups and salsa dancers.
Community leaders important to the Puerto Rican community and its youth were featured as this year's Honorary Grand Marshals.
"The Puerto Rican Day Parade" was produced by ABC7's Edgar Vargas.
Video of ABC7 Chicago's broadast of The Puerto Rican Day Parade is now available on-demand.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking