ABC7 Chicago presents The Puerto Rican Day Parade
June 17, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago celebrated 31 years of broadcasting "The Puerto Rican Day Parade," Saturday, June 20 from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Hosted by ABC7 general assignment reporter and host of "N Beat," Theresa Gutierrez, "The Puerto Rican Day Parade" aired in HD on ABC7 Chicago.
ABC7 Chicago's Cheryl Burton, Jerry Taft, Sylvia Perez, Judy Hsu, Hosea Sanders and Charles Thomas joined in the festivities atop the ABC7 Chicago float.
The parade, celebrating Puerto Rican culture, kicked off at Columbus and Balbo drives with a colorful procession of floats, folk dancers, reggaeton musical groups and salsa dancers.
Community leaders important to the Puerto Rican community and its youth were featured as this year's Honorary Grand Marshals.
"The Puerto Rican Day Parade" was produced by ABC7's Edgar Vargas.
Video of ABC7 Chicago's broadast of The Puerto Rican Day Parade is now available on-demand.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit