Concert series benefits Greater Food Depository
August 20, 2009 (WLS) -- Mat Kearney and opener Parachute played the finale of the Walgreens Summer Concert Series on Thursday, August 20, 2009.
"Collective Soul" and opener Ryan Star played part two of the Walgreens Summer Concert Series on Thursday, July 10, 2009.
"Better Than Ezra" kicked off the Walgreens Summer Concert Series on Wednesday, June 24.
ABC7, in partnership with 101.9 FM The Mix, is presenting the series, which benefits Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Enjoy summer in the city, listen to great music and lend a helping hand to those in need during the "Walgreens Summer Concert Series," presented by the #1 news station in Chicago, ABC 7, 10.1.9fm The MIX and the Greater North Michigan Avenue Association. The rockin' sound of Better than Ezra, will kick off this free summer concert series at Pioneer Court/401 North Michigan Avenue, Wednesday, June 24 at noon. Then, the great music of Collective Soul will fill the John Hancock Plaza (lower level/875 North Michigan Avenue) on July 10 at noon. The summer concert series, which will take place along the Magnificent Mile, will benefit The Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Consumers can visit participating Walgreens to pick up The MIX Music Card to download a previously unreleased acoustic version of Better than Ezra's new single Absolutely Still.
In these tough times, affording the basic essentials--from food products to household items like shampoo and toothpaste--has become a struggle for many in our community. As unemployment rises, people who never before needed them are now turning to food pantries; The Greater Chicago Food Depository has seen a 35% increase from last year.
Now, all summer long Chicagoans will have the opportunity to contribute to the Greater Chicago Food Depository by dropping off non-perishable food items and household products during this entertaining concert series. Donation bins will be available at the Walgreens Booth located off Michigan Avenue at Pioneer Court.
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic 2 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student 15 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 22 min ago
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
22 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
2 min ago
- Second video allegedly shows guard push...
15 min ago