Michael Jackson Remembered
July 6, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Coverage of the Michael Jackson Memorial Service at the Staples Center.
The memorial was streamed live online at ABC7Chicago.com and featured on-air on Channel 7 with coverage by ABC anchor Charles Gibson. It was available on demand for the following 24 hours.
ABC News broadcast live coverage of Michael Jackson's memorial service on Tuesday, July 7 at the Staples Center beginning at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.
Charles Gibson anchored "Remembering Michael Jackson" from New York and will be joined by "Nightline" anchor Martin Bashir. "Good Morning America's" Robin Roberts, "Nightline" anchor Cynthia McFadden and Senior Law and Justice Correspondent Jim Avila reported from the Staples Center. Brian Rooney, Lisa Fletcher, Mike von Fremd and Ryan Owens also contributed to the special coverage.
At 9 p.m. ET, Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters co-anchored a special edition of "20/20". Sawyer, from ABC News headquarters in New York, and Walters, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, will report on the highlights from the memorial service and other news of day.
At 10 p.m. ET, "Primetime: Family Secrets" will report on Michael Jackson's children, the custody battle with Debbie Rowe and featured a rarely seen interview with Rowe from 2003. Diane Sawyer and Elizabeth Vargas co-anchored the program with Jim Avila reporting from Los Angeles. (Please note: the previously announced topic for "Primetime: Family Secrets" will air next Tuesday, July 14.)
Tuesday morning Robin Roberts co-anchored a special edition of "Good Morning America" from Los Angeles. Roberts anchored live coverage for both East and West Coast editions of "GMA" bringing morning viewers interviews with special guests, a preview of the ceremony and memories of Michael Jackson throughout the morning. Roberts also brought the latest overnight news and developments as preparations continue at the Staples Center.
In-depth reporting continued on "World News" and at 11:35 p.m. ET Cynthia McFadden anchored "Nightline" from the Staples Center with John Donvan contributing.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus