Michael Jackson Remembered
July 6, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Coverage of the Michael Jackson Memorial Service at the Staples Center.
The memorial was streamed live online at ABC7Chicago.com and featured on-air on Channel 7 with coverage by ABC anchor Charles Gibson. It was available on demand for the following 24 hours.
ABC News broadcast live coverage of Michael Jackson's memorial service on Tuesday, July 7 at the Staples Center beginning at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.
Charles Gibson anchored "Remembering Michael Jackson" from New York and will be joined by "Nightline" anchor Martin Bashir. "Good Morning America's" Robin Roberts, "Nightline" anchor Cynthia McFadden and Senior Law and Justice Correspondent Jim Avila reported from the Staples Center. Brian Rooney, Lisa Fletcher, Mike von Fremd and Ryan Owens also contributed to the special coverage.
At 9 p.m. ET, Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters co-anchored a special edition of "20/20". Sawyer, from ABC News headquarters in New York, and Walters, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, will report on the highlights from the memorial service and other news of day.
At 10 p.m. ET, "Primetime: Family Secrets" will report on Michael Jackson's children, the custody battle with Debbie Rowe and featured a rarely seen interview with Rowe from 2003. Diane Sawyer and Elizabeth Vargas co-anchored the program with Jim Avila reporting from Los Angeles. (Please note: the previously announced topic for "Primetime: Family Secrets" will air next Tuesday, July 14.)
Tuesday morning Robin Roberts co-anchored a special edition of "Good Morning America" from Los Angeles. Roberts anchored live coverage for both East and West Coast editions of "GMA" bringing morning viewers interviews with special guests, a preview of the ceremony and memories of Michael Jackson throughout the morning. Roberts also brought the latest overnight news and developments as preparations continue at the Staples Center.
In-depth reporting continued on "World News" and at 11:35 p.m. ET Cynthia McFadden anchored "Nightline" from the Staples Center with John Donvan contributing.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 3 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 17 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 59 min ago
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos