Michael Jackson Remembered
July 6, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Coverage of the Michael Jackson Memorial Service at the Staples Center.
The memorial was streamed live online at ABC7Chicago.com and featured on-air on Channel 7 with coverage by ABC anchor Charles Gibson. It was available on demand for the following 24 hours.
ABC News broadcast live coverage of Michael Jackson's memorial service on Tuesday, July 7 at the Staples Center beginning at 1:00 PM ET/10:00 AM PT.
Charles Gibson anchored "Remembering Michael Jackson" from New York and will be joined by "Nightline" anchor Martin Bashir. "Good Morning America's" Robin Roberts, "Nightline" anchor Cynthia McFadden and Senior Law and Justice Correspondent Jim Avila reported from the Staples Center. Brian Rooney, Lisa Fletcher, Mike von Fremd and Ryan Owens also contributed to the special coverage.
At 9 p.m. ET, Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters co-anchored a special edition of "20/20". Sawyer, from ABC News headquarters in New York, and Walters, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, will report on the highlights from the memorial service and other news of day.
At 10 p.m. ET, "Primetime: Family Secrets" will report on Michael Jackson's children, the custody battle with Debbie Rowe and featured a rarely seen interview with Rowe from 2003. Diane Sawyer and Elizabeth Vargas co-anchored the program with Jim Avila reporting from Los Angeles. (Please note: the previously announced topic for "Primetime: Family Secrets" will air next Tuesday, July 14.)
Tuesday morning Robin Roberts co-anchored a special edition of "Good Morning America" from Los Angeles. Roberts anchored live coverage for both East and West Coast editions of "GMA" bringing morning viewers interviews with special guests, a preview of the ceremony and memories of Michael Jackson throughout the morning. Roberts also brought the latest overnight news and developments as preparations continue at the Staples Center.
In-depth reporting continued on "World News" and at 11:35 p.m. ET Cynthia McFadden anchored "Nightline" from the Staples Center with John Donvan contributing.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 12 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges 44 min ago
- Kan. couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost... 27 min ago
- Firefighter convicted of wife murder still gets pension in prison 31 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos