ABC7 Chicago comes out on top in '09 IBA Awards
July 10, 2009 (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago, the most watched TV station in the market, garnered ten of the fourteen Silver Dome Awards presented by the Illinois Broadcasters Association in their annual awards competition.
In addition, ABC7 Chicago was singled out for overall excellence with the Station of the Year Award in the Large Market Television category.
The following IBA 2009 Silver Dome Awards presented to ABC7 include:
"Be Fit, Stay Healthy/Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois"
Best Station Self Promotion
"Your News, Your Way Campaign"
Best Use of Graphic Design
"ABC & Chicago Composite"
Best Public Affairs Program
"People, Place, Things: Lifting Future Leaders"
Best Local Newscast
"NIU Shooting- ABC 7 News at 10"
Best Live Coverage of an Event
"The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival"
Best Hard News Story
Best Locally Produced PSA
"Year End PSA"
Best Community Service Activity
"ABC7 Chicago/ Dominick's Holiday Food Drive"
Large Market Television IBA Station of the Year
The Illinois Broadcasters Association distributes the Silver Dome Awards each year to those who are the "best of the best" in the field of broadcasting.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 59 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
1 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos