ABC7 Chicago comes out on top in '09 IBA Awards
July 10, 2009 (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago, the most watched TV station in the market, garnered ten of the fourteen Silver Dome Awards presented by the Illinois Broadcasters Association in their annual awards competition.
In addition, ABC7 Chicago was singled out for overall excellence with the Station of the Year Award in the Large Market Television category.
The following IBA 2009 Silver Dome Awards presented to ABC7 include:
"Be Fit, Stay Healthy/Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois"
Best Station Self Promotion
"Your News, Your Way Campaign"
Best Use of Graphic Design
"ABC & Chicago Composite"
Best Public Affairs Program
"People, Place, Things: Lifting Future Leaders"
Best Local Newscast
"NIU Shooting- ABC 7 News at 10"
Best Live Coverage of an Event
"The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival"
Best Hard News Story
Best Locally Produced PSA
"Year End PSA"
Best Community Service Activity
"ABC7 Chicago/ Dominick's Holiday Food Drive"
Large Market Television IBA Station of the Year
The Illinois Broadcasters Association distributes the Silver Dome Awards each year to those who are the "best of the best" in the field of broadcasting.
- Spring-like temperatures give way to winter storm 9 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 59 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 45 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos