ABC7 Chicago comes out on top in '09 IBA Awards
July 10, 2009 (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago, the most watched TV station in the market, garnered ten of the fourteen Silver Dome Awards presented by the Illinois Broadcasters Association in their annual awards competition.
In addition, ABC7 Chicago was singled out for overall excellence with the Station of the Year Award in the Large Market Television category.
The following IBA 2009 Silver Dome Awards presented to ABC7 include:
"Be Fit, Stay Healthy/Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois"
Best Station Self Promotion
"Your News, Your Way Campaign"
Best Use of Graphic Design
"ABC & Chicago Composite"
Best Public Affairs Program
"People, Place, Things: Lifting Future Leaders"
Best Local Newscast
"NIU Shooting- ABC 7 News at 10"
Best Live Coverage of an Event
"The Magnificent Mile Lights Festival"
Best Hard News Story
Best Locally Produced PSA
"Year End PSA"
Best Community Service Activity
"ABC7 Chicago/ Dominick's Holiday Food Drive"
Large Market Television IBA Station of the Year
The Illinois Broadcasters Association distributes the Silver Dome Awards each year to those who are the "best of the best" in the field of broadcasting.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 36 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says 59 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos