Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet And Wild Weekend
August 5, 2009 (WLS) -- The Chicago Air & Water Show may be turning 51, but the event's breathtaking action will soar to great heights when ABC 7 Chicago presents the HD broadcast of CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A WET AND WILD WEEKEND.
Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special will air Sunday, August 16th at 10:35 pm, with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 23rd at 3:30 pm. It will also air on Live Well HD, 7.2, on Tuesday, August 18 at 2:00 pm and again on Thursday, August 20th at 2 pm.
Taft and Butler will give viewers a close-up look at this lakefront spectacle spotlighting the thrills and chills of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds as they perform their famous diamond formation, aerobatic maneuvers and precision flying.
During "Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend," all eyes will be on one of this year's headliners, the U.S. Army parachute team, the "Golden Knights", as they jump out of aircraft at 12,500 feet above earth's surface at speeds exceeding 120 mph. 190 North contributor, Mark Nilsson, will show his fearless side before taking the jump of his life with the help of the Golden Knights.
In addition to the Thunderbirds and the Golden Knights, the U.S Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs will also serve as a top headline performer. Returning military and civilian favorites include the Black Hawk Helicopter, AeroShell Aerobatic Team, Lima Lima Flight Team, and the radical extreme style flying of the "Firebirds." Sean Tucker & Team Oracle return for a daring performance which will include flying backwards as fast as 100 mph.
Last, but certainly not least, military pilot and captain, Herb Hunter, will commemorate his 22nd year as the "Voice for the Chicago Air & Water Show".
The Air & Water Show takes place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront.
"Chicago's Top Guns: A Wet and Wild Weekend" is produced by Executive Producer of Programming, Christopher Bowen in cooperation with the Mayor's Office of Special Events.
"CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS: A Wet and Wild Weekend" will be available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits