News Non-linear Editor/Media Supervisor
December 17, 2009 (WLS) -- WLS-TV, Chicago's #1 news, is looking for a News Non-linear Editor/Media Supervisor.
Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a television news non-linear editor. This team player must be computer literate and comfortable working with common Microsoft programs and Apple Final Cut Pro. Extensive experience with newsroom rundown programs such as AVID I-news is necessary. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Must be highly organized and used to working under tight deadlines while working on multiple, overlapping projects. Specific responsibilities include accurate, fast and efficient non-linear news editing; supervising and assigning news editors; managing different media formats; managing media deadlines for multiple newscasts; checking clips for digital playback; managing digital library content and archives. This individual will work closely with editors, news producers, executive producers and management to ensure the timely and accurate production of newscasts, special reports and special segments. Good communication skills are imperative.
All candidates must be willing to work varied shifts as well as weekends. Send resume to C-C Boggiano, News Operations Manager, WLS-TV, 190 North State Street, Chicago, IL 60601. Applicants may also upload their cover letter and resume at www.disneycareers.com.Please reference Job ID: 217965 on all materials submitted. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Reporting Location - Chicago, IL
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus