News Non-linear Editor/Media Supervisor
December 17, 2009 (WLS) -- WLS-TV, Chicago's #1 news, is looking for a News Non-linear Editor/Media Supervisor.
Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a television news non-linear editor. This team player must be computer literate and comfortable working with common Microsoft programs and Apple Final Cut Pro. Extensive experience with newsroom rundown programs such as AVID I-news is necessary. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Must be highly organized and used to working under tight deadlines while working on multiple, overlapping projects. Specific responsibilities include accurate, fast and efficient non-linear news editing; supervising and assigning news editors; managing different media formats; managing media deadlines for multiple newscasts; checking clips for digital playback; managing digital library content and archives. This individual will work closely with editors, news producers, executive producers and management to ensure the timely and accurate production of newscasts, special reports and special segments. Good communication skills are imperative.
All candidates must be willing to work varied shifts as well as weekends. Send resume to C-C Boggiano, News Operations Manager, WLS-TV, 190 North State Street, Chicago, IL 60601. Applicants may also upload their cover letter and resume at www.disneycareers.com.Please reference Job ID: 217965 on all materials submitted. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Reporting Location - Chicago, IL
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas? 45 min ago
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act' 25 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death 36 min ago
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 5 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
5 min ago
- Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos