Hispanic Heritage Month on ABC7
September 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago will highlight the rich culture and traditions of Chicago's Latino community during Hispanic Heritage Month.
From September 15 through October 15, ABC 7 will celebrate Hispanic heritage with special news reports; a half-hour edition of THE Ñ BEAT; the HD broadcast of the 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade and a series of vignettes.
On Sunday, September 12, all the pageantry of Mexican culture will be on display in HD when ABC 7 broadcasts the 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade, hosted by Theresa Gutierrez from 11:35 pm-12:35 am. Participating in this colorful community event will be members of the ABC 7 News team including Kathy Brock, Ravi Baichwal, John Garcia, Steve Dolinsky and Michelle Gallardo, who will be riding atop the ABC 7 float. Throughout September and October, ABC 7 will broadcast Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes offering a diverse sampling of Latino folk music. The Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes are hosted by Stacey Baca, John Garcia, Theresa Gutierrez, Sylvia Perez and Roz Varon and are produced by ABC 7's Edgar Vargas.
Then ABC 7 will broadcast its Emmy Award-winning program, THE Ñ BEAT, hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, Saturday, September 25 at 6:30 pm with an encore presentation on Sunday, October 9 at 2:30 pm.
In this edition of THE Ñ BEAT we'll meet Latino business leaders who are making an impact in everything from technology to music. Their efforts highlight the opportunities that exist in Chicago for businesses to learn and grow outside the Latino community, while staying connected to their cultural roots. Featured on the program are Mexican folk sextet, Sones De Mexico Ensemble, which preserves Mexican folk music by performing internationally and teaching its folk history in every performance. Also, David R. Andalcio, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Wynndalco Enterprises, talks about the opportunities for Latinos in renewable energy.
The Ñ Beat and The 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade are available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com; and are produced by Edgar Vargas.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 2 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 38 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 55 min ago
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 8 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 32 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
2 min ago