Hispanic Heritage Month on ABC7
September 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago will highlight the rich culture and traditions of Chicago's Latino community during Hispanic Heritage Month.
From September 15 through October 15, ABC 7 will celebrate Hispanic heritage with special news reports; a half-hour edition of THE Ñ BEAT; the HD broadcast of the 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade and a series of vignettes.
On Sunday, September 12, all the pageantry of Mexican culture will be on display in HD when ABC 7 broadcasts the 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade, hosted by Theresa Gutierrez from 11:35 pm-12:35 am. Participating in this colorful community event will be members of the ABC 7 News team including Kathy Brock, Ravi Baichwal, John Garcia, Steve Dolinsky and Michelle Gallardo, who will be riding atop the ABC 7 float. Throughout September and October, ABC 7 will broadcast Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes offering a diverse sampling of Latino folk music. The Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes are hosted by Stacey Baca, John Garcia, Theresa Gutierrez, Sylvia Perez and Roz Varon and are produced by ABC 7's Edgar Vargas.
Then ABC 7 will broadcast its Emmy Award-winning program, THE Ñ BEAT, hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, Saturday, September 25 at 6:30 pm with an encore presentation on Sunday, October 9 at 2:30 pm.
In this edition of THE Ñ BEAT we'll meet Latino business leaders who are making an impact in everything from technology to music. Their efforts highlight the opportunities that exist in Chicago for businesses to learn and grow outside the Latino community, while staying connected to their cultural roots. Featured on the program are Mexican folk sextet, Sones De Mexico Ensemble, which preserves Mexican folk music by performing internationally and teaching its folk history in every performance. Also, David R. Andalcio, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Wynndalco Enterprises, talks about the opportunities for Latinos in renewable energy.
The Ñ Beat and The 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade are available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com; and are produced by Edgar Vargas.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 44 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 49 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake