Hispanic Heritage Month on ABC7
September 8, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago will highlight the rich culture and traditions of Chicago's Latino community during Hispanic Heritage Month.
From September 15 through October 15, ABC 7 will celebrate Hispanic heritage with special news reports; a half-hour edition of THE Ñ BEAT; the HD broadcast of the 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade and a series of vignettes.
On Sunday, September 12, all the pageantry of Mexican culture will be on display in HD when ABC 7 broadcasts the 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade, hosted by Theresa Gutierrez from 11:35 pm-12:35 am. Participating in this colorful community event will be members of the ABC 7 News team including Kathy Brock, Ravi Baichwal, John Garcia, Steve Dolinsky and Michelle Gallardo, who will be riding atop the ABC 7 float. Throughout September and October, ABC 7 will broadcast Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes offering a diverse sampling of Latino folk music. The Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes are hosted by Stacey Baca, John Garcia, Theresa Gutierrez, Sylvia Perez and Roz Varon and are produced by ABC 7's Edgar Vargas.
Then ABC 7 will broadcast its Emmy Award-winning program, THE Ñ BEAT, hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, Saturday, September 25 at 6:30 pm with an encore presentation on Sunday, October 9 at 2:30 pm.
In this edition of THE Ñ BEAT we'll meet Latino business leaders who are making an impact in everything from technology to music. Their efforts highlight the opportunities that exist in Chicago for businesses to learn and grow outside the Latino community, while staying connected to their cultural roots. Featured on the program are Mexican folk sextet, Sones De Mexico Ensemble, which preserves Mexican folk music by performing internationally and teaching its folk history in every performance. Also, David R. Andalcio, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Wynndalco Enterprises, talks about the opportunities for Latinos in renewable energy.
The Ñ Beat and The 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade are available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com; and are produced by Edgar Vargas.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 58 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos