Countdown Chicago 2011
December 31, 2010 (WLS) -- Co-hosts Mark Giangreco and Janet Davies, along with Hosea Sanders and 190 North's Mark Nilsson, once again take the reins of Chicago's favorite New Year's Eve show to help Chicagoans ring in 2011 during ABC 7's COUNTDOWN CHICAGO.
The hour-long special starts the New Year off with sizzle as it features the hottest parties, spectacular fireworks, Chi-town musical talent and a video rewind of the past decade, live, Friday, December 31st from 11:08 PM-12:15 AM on ABC 7.
It's the most thrilling night of the year and ABC 7 viewers will have front row seats to all the excitement and hoopla that are part of this city's New Year's Eve tradition. Davies and Giangreco will be anchoring from Mayne Stage in Rogers Park as they feature the powerful and soulful sounds of rising star, singer/songwriter Terisa Griffin.
Next, Hosea Sanders will take viewers to the South Loop for an unforgettable listen to R&B singer/songwriter Chico DeBarge when he makes musical magic for revelers at The Shrine and viewers at home.
Mark Nilsson will go live from Merrionette Park on the South Side to rock out at one of the city's most popular concert venues 115 Bourbon Street, as 16 Candles plays some of the best-loved hits from the 80's. Also on stage, American Idol's Gina Glockson, who grew up in Tinley Park, will belt out a performance that underscores why she made it to the finals.
Another real treat will be two show-stopping performances from Chicago's hit rock 'n' roll musical, Million Dollar Quartet.
Then, Chicago's own critically acclaimed artist, singer/songwriter Michael McDermott, will sing and play guitar at the Hotel Intercontinental in Rosemont along with Rusted Root, the multi-platinum sextet whose polyrhythmic "rock-and-soul" music always entertains.
COUTDOWN CHICAGO 2011 will also take a final look at memorable people, places and events during a video rewind of the past decade.
Davies and Giangreco will countdown to 2011 with the help of an evocative closing performance from Terisa Griffin, at which point Chicago's fantastic fireworks display from Navy Pier will bring in the New Year with a bang! ABC 7's New Year's Eve specials have evolved into a Chicago tradition. COUNTDOWN CHICAGO continues to be a favorite among viewers, far and away Chicago's #1 program at midnight. It will be streamed live at abc7chicago.com. Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2011. Cathy Vlahogiannis and Edgar Vargas are the producers.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 44 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn 48 min ago
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper 35 min ago
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
44 min ago