THE Ñ BEAT: "Making us Count"
September 25, 2011 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- ABC 7 CHICAGO will highlight the rich culture and traditions of Chicago's Latino community during Hispanic Heritage Month.
Throughout September and October, ABC 7 will broadcast Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes focusing on Latina leaders from all walks of life. The Hispanic Heritage Month vignettes are hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, Sylvia Perez, Stacey Baca, John Garcia and Roz Varon and are produced by ABC 7's Edgar Vargas.
ABC 7 will broadcast its Emmy Award-winning program, THE Ñ BEAT, hosted by Theresa Gutierrez, with special contributions by ABC 7's John Garcia and Stacey Baca, Saturday, September 24 at 6:30 pm with an encore presentation on Sunday, September 25 at 2:30 pm.
In this edition of THE Ñ BEAT: "Making us Count," Theresa Gutierrez focuses on the economic promise of a growing Latino community in the suburbs. According to the 2010 U.S. Census Data, Latinos account for 15.9 percent of the Illinois population and 90 percent of the state's growth in the last decade.
THE Ñ BEAT talks with Sylvia Puente, executive director of the Latino Policy Forum, who helps interpret what the numbers mean to this new and burgeoning suburban population.
The Ñ Beat and the Little Village Chamber of Commerce 26th Street Mexican Independence Day Parade are available on-demand at www.abc7chicago.com They are produced by Edgar Vargas.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 23 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary 12 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly...
26 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
23 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last...
12 min ago