ABC7 presents 'The Polish Constitution Day Parade'
May 2, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) (WLS) -- Join ABC 7 Chicago's Alan Krashesky as he once again serves as host of ''The Polish Constitution Day Parade'' broadcast which aired Saturday, May 5, 2012, 1:00-2:00 PM on ABC 7 Chicago. ABC7 Chicago is the only local television station to broadcast this year's parade. (The parade took place on Saturday, May 5 at 11:30 am.)
The theme for the 121st Annual Polish Constitution Day Parade is "One Voice--United Polonia." Grazyna Zajaczkowska, the Director of Immigration Services for the Polish American Association, was bestowed the honor of being named the 2012 Parade Grand Marshal. The Polish American Association is celebrating its 90th anniversary serving those most in need in Chicago's Polish community.
According to Conrad Nowak, chairman of the Polish American Association Board of Directors, "During a career that exceeds more than 20 years with the Polish American Association, Grazyna has been a strong voice and advocate not only for our organization, but for the community at large. Her distinguished work has enabled many Polish immigrants to achieve the American Dream."
The Polish Constitution Day Parade is the largest Polish parade outside of Poland and celebrates the anniversary of the ratification of the Polish Constitution on May 3, 1791. For 121 years, Polonia's various community organizations have come together to organize this traditional Chicago salute to pride and tradition. There will be more than 100 units participating in the 2012 parade.
Ravi Baichwal, Tracy Butler, Karen Meyer, Phil Schwarz and Jerry Taft are scheduled to participate in the festivities and will ride along the parade route on Columbus Drive, from Balboa to Monroe, atop the ABC 7 Chicago Float.
"The Polish Constitution Day Parade," is available on-demand at ABC7Chicago.com.
ABC 7 Chicago's Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the parade.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 46 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 47 min ago
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10M bond 49 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed 55 min ago
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses 17 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos